Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Upcycled Envelopes

So this was my next project!!!
I saw these on etsy and I had to have them but I wasn't going to buy them. So I went through my electronic file system (brain) and remembered back to my graphic design days and pulled out the old books and started making my own envelopes!

Here is the process taught to me by my instructor Pam!

Supplies: magazines, books, junk mail (any paper), card or note you want to mail, scissors, glue stick

STEP ONE:
I am using a large Atlas so I cut the page in half and made sure that there is at least 1/2 inch on the sides.



STEP TWO:
Fold the large sides to the size of your note - mine is a A2 card.




STEP THREE:
Unfold and then fold the small sides in.




STEP FOUR:
Unfold and then fold the large sides down again leaving the small sides unfolded. Next cut the corners at an angle as seen in pic on all four corners. Using the small side fold as a guide.




STEP FIVE:
As you can see in the pic cut the small side tabs off each of the end pieces, leaving them on the middle. These will be what you glue to the bottom tab to enclose your envelope.




STEP SIX:
Next fold the side tabs in and add glue and fold up the bottom. Before I glued I also trimmed the top flap and added a decorative edge.



STEP SEVEN:
Add your card and mail!!! For a full picture envelope you may need to add a white label to the front to write your address on.



ENJOY YOURSELF!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment